Friday, May 2, 2008

Plastics, the what and why

First let me apologize for not keeping up this week! Bad blogger mommy! We are putting in a new veggie garden, yeah!!!! 10'x40', so that's been keeping us quite busy, not to mention all the usual day to day stuff, my kitchen is a disaster!!!!, Anyway down to business.

So my fabulous friend Erica sent me two links about the what and why of plastic usage and baby and kids. As a mom you've probably noticed that everything your child eats or drinks off of or out of is plastic. So you might want to get the facts, because most plastics contain Bisphenol A (BPA) which a a hormone disruptor that can mimic chemicals in your body and has been linked to obesity, prostate cancer and breast cancer. You can't really avoid it, but the less you expose yourself and your kids to it the better. Anyway here are those links, I'm about to order some new sippy cups for the kids, although we are trying to break Coleman of the habit cause my dentist said they are bad for the back of the teeth (the juice or whatever squirts directly at the back of the teeth and that spot isn't that easy for kids or mommies to brush) And I've been trying to get Ostin not even started on the habit, but you can't deny their convenience for travel, etc. Anyway here are those links for real this time.....
http://www.ewg. org/babysafe
http://zrecs.blogspot.com/2008/02/z-report-on-bpa-in-infant-care-products.html

ps-If you have not read Gorgeously Green by Sophi Uliano yet, check it out!! It has really become one of my inspirations and a resource I go back to quite often, not to mention her website which has some quick clips of green products you can get at Target, among other things
http://gorgeouslygreen.com

No comments: