Thursday, April 24, 2008

Natural Urge to Splurge

I happened to stumble upon a cute little shop today coming home from class, called Aroma Chef www.aromachef.com. I walked in and immediatley noticed a fresh and clean aroma, not like a certain Bath and Body store that makes me sneeze if I'm in there for 5 mins. Anyway so Its a natural products boutique and all their products are free of parabens, mineral oils and petrolatums, not tested on animals and contain natural and organic ingredients. Maybe I sound like an ad, but my point is that there are people out there taking a stand and making products that are environmentally friendly, and they could be right down the street from you! I think it's good to pass the word along about such products and people making a difference. I was chatting with the owner and she said that alot of people say that her products would make great gifts, and her thought was "Why wouldn't you use it on yourself?" So here is my question to you, why are most women so willing to spend money on a pricey gift for friends, but not themselves and keep slathering poisons onto our skins? I get that maybe it's a lifetime of buying an $8 bar of soap as opposed to a one time deal but there are economical options out there, and aren't you and your family worth it? For example for the past 5 days I have been test driving a non-toxic nail polish on my toes called Honey Bee Gardens($6.99) www.honeybeegardens.com. I Love it!! not a chip! I've actually worn sandals most of the week and was in the sandbox and gardening, it might be my new favorite color too. I'll let you know how the removal process goes, supposedly you can remove it with rubbing alcohol, or vodka (What?! rather have it in my cosmo!) They were out of the non-toxic nail polish remover at the Health food store. So HBG is water-based, odor-free! and has no formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalates or FD&C colors, I like the sound of that on my twinkle toes!

No comments: